Malawi Floods Flash Update - 16 Feb 2022
16 February 2022
This is the Malawi Floods Flash Update as of 11th February 2022. It is produced by the UN Resident Coordinator's Office.
Key highlights include:
- Food and non-food items being delivered to affected populations across the districts.
- UN and partners are supporting the life-saving emergency flood response.
- Initial reports as of 15th February indicate worsening flooding impacts in Salima. DoDMA has deployed for an initial assessment.
- Flash Appeal proposals are being developed by clusters towards a US$30M resource envelope.
- HCT meeting scheduled for Wednesday 16th February to consider the draft Flash Appeal and the National Response Plan.